Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The glasses saga continues

It turns out my glasses weren't so close to perfect after all, as I suffered through a couple days of work with bad sinus pressure and a bit of rubbing by one ear. I decided I couldn't take it anymore, so I called up a different place to see if they'd adjust frames not bought from them. They do, but you need to sign a waiver in case the frames break. I didn't sign the waiver, but after talking to them I decided I'll probably use them the next time I get glasses - in two years, when my insurance will pay for frames again.

In the meantime, I went back to the original place I got the glasses from. I meant to be calm, but I've been frustrated, queasy, and uncomfortable/in pain for a while now, so it was hard. Anyway, one of the ladies took the glasses and, I guess, basically reshaped them, using my old glasses as a guide. It was a nice idea, and it felt better while I was still there, but I have a feeling I'm going to be in pain again tomorrow. Yippee.

Well, I've still got my old frames, so I can get new lenses put into them (unless they fall apart during that process - they are 7+ years old, after all) if things continue not to work out. Of course, new lenses will cost me at least $124. I knew my happy dance over my tax refund was premature...

Well, look forward to a post about the first volume of the Chobits manga tomorrow. I haven't finished anything else yet, so there's no telling what's going to come after tomorrow's post. Hey, it could be something about Antique Bakery - I got the first volume yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment