Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"I like largeness..."

I just drank two cups of tea and am hoping that I'm not getting sick. I can usually stop sickness at the "mildly sore throat" sore throat stage by drinking lots of cups of tea. Granted, we're getting a nice little break soon at work, so I suppose there's time to be ill, but I have things I plan to do with that time, some of it fun (book shopping! I know I said I'd cut down on this...but we're going to a big used bookstore...and I'm such an addict) and some of it necessary (it's either an upgrade or a safety recall or nothing at all, depending on which day I call the car dealership).

My post title comes from a movie I saw recently, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It was ok plot-wise and very pretty. I liked Mia Wasikowska as Alice. Johnny Depp's eyes distracted me, and anytime he had to react in horror to something he bore a strong resemblance to an overacting Jim Carrey. Anne Hathaway, although mostly lovely, had distractingly black eyebrows and lips, and the arm waving was a bit much - plus, I couldn't help but look at her and think "Anne Hathaway" rather than "White Queen." LOVED the Cheshire Cat, although isn't it supposed to be his smile that's the last thing to disappear? Stayne went straight into the realm of ickiness when he hit on Alice (his "I like largeness" still makes me shudder).

Ok. I'd better get ready for work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment