Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Indulging my addiction

I had some comp time, so I took it yesterday and did some book shopping, among other things. I got a hardcover book for the library I work at (a romance novel, which we could use a few more of), as well as a stack of paperbacks. Julia Quinn is heavily represented in the pile, but I also got books by Amanda Quick, C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp, Jessa Slade, and Richelle Mead (something from her Succubus series for adults, not her vampire series for young adults, which is too bad, since I think I'd prefer her YA series). It's not that I need more books - it's just that I'm addicted to getting more. Luckily, the particular used bookstore I went to has lots of cheap books, and it helped that I brought a few to exchange for store credit.

That's one addiction dealt with for a while - now I have to decide whether I'm going to try to ignore the enticing email I got from Right Stuf, or whether I will bite the bullet and buy the one boxed set that's on sale that I'd really like to have, plus $20 worth of things from my "to buy eventually" list just so that I can get free shipping.

I may not indulge my anime addiction as often as my book addiction, but, when I do indulge it, it tends to take a bigger bite out of my bank account...

No comments:

Post a Comment