Sunday, October 31, 2010

Slacker blogger, that's me!

Since my last post, I have watched nothing but Naruto Shippuden (only 137 episodes before I'm finally caught up!) and read...nothing. Seriously, I haven't read anything in a couple weeks. I also haven't written anything, not even just enough to finish some of the posts I've got sitting in the "draft" stage.

I don't know how much of that's going to be changing, seeing as how National Novel Writing Month starts tomorrow and I plan on participating. Since I was able to extend last year's NaNoWriMo attempt by several thousand words by adding a (completely out of the blue) zombie attack, this year I plan to start off with zombies. Turns out they're lots of fun to write, and hopefully that fun will help me finally reach the 50,000 word goal. Every year I've done this, I always start off strong, and then my daily word count drops to nothing. I start to think too much about how bad my writing is, and it becomes harder and harder to write more. Maybe I should tape this reminder to my monitor: "NaNoWriMo is about quantity, so stop worrying and just WRITE." I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

To anyone else out there planning to take part in NaNoWriMo: Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment