Sunday, February 28, 2010

Workaholic book lover with a large TBR pile = too little sleep

I already know I spend longer at work than I should (although at least I don't take work home with me), but last week took the cake, due to a very large catalog maintenance project I and my library's Systems Librarian started. On the plus side, I'm hugely excited to be doing this project - the problem it's fixing has been on my back burner for over a year, and this project is the largest one I've ever done, touching nearly half the records in our system. On the minus side, I was very, very tired by the end of last week, even with the time we got off because of snow. I think that, at the rate we've been going, 6 more hours of work and we should be done.

It doesn't help that I'm addicted to books (and anime, but this past week it was my book addiction that was the issue). The day we started the huge maintenance project, I started reading Kristin Cashore's Graceling, and I was seriously hooked. In fact, today I reread the book, skimming over the bits I didn't like as much. I recommend it to anyone who has ever read and liked anything by Tamora Pierce - one of her books will be listed in the read-alikes list for my Graceling post. Although I enjoyed it a lot, Graceling cut into my sleep time -- I couldn't put the darn book down. Now I've got to see about getting Cashore's second book, Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment