Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Changed the template

I wanted a template with two sidebars, and I couldn't think of a way to change the Thisaway Rose template so this could be accomplished and still look good (the images involved in the template caused me the most problems). I ended up going with the Minima Stretch template (I think that's what it was called) - since this template started off fully stretched to begin with, I didn't need to worry about images looking funny when I increased and decreased sizes to accommodate the second sidebar.

Unfortunately, the Minima template is boring in terms of color scheme and general appearance. I had hoped that two sidebars would make things a little easier to look at, but the minimal color scheme for this template means that my text-heavy blog might actually be harder to read and use. I'll keep it for now - maybe it'll grow on me - but my plan is to at least mess around with the color scheme sometime and see if I can come up with something that isn't quite so heavy on white, black, and shades of grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment