Friday, April 9, 2021

Comfort rewatch time

Heaven Official's Blessing has been released on Netflix, and since today has been terrible, I've decided I'll do a comfort rewatch even though I haven't finished the other two shows I'm watching yet. I'm only in the second episode, but so far I can say that, yes, minor changes were made to the subtitles, and it does seem to be for the better. For example, Xiao Ying's dress is now "torn" rather than "broken."

Anyway, my workplace is losing another couple people by the end of the month, and we haven't even replaced any of the other people who have left yet. Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore which positions are considered open and which are just gone. I think this means we'll have five positions open, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if we filled at least seven. There's been a lot of talk lately about all the new things we'll be expected to do, and I have no idea how we'll do any of it and get our regular work done. Possibly our regular work isn't viewed as being very worthwhile, I don't know. For instance, it's been hinted that I may have library instruction work added to my duties, which I'm extremely uncomfortable with. I'm a great cataloger, but I'd be a horrible instruction librarian, and it would make me miserable and anxious to boot.

Here's hoping comfort rewatching helps at least temporarily. On the plus side, we were all asked to submit updated resumes for accreditation purposes, so I have a freshly updated resume if I finally decide it's time for me to move on as well. I know I've tossed the idea around for a few years, but things are especially uncomfortable right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment