Monday, May 28, 2018

Status update

I've been reading and watching a lot more than my recent reviews indicate. The problem is that I've been having trouble making myself write reviews. Although I managed to post a few in the past couple days, I have many more to go. Here's what my current backlog looks like, assuming I'm not forgetting anything:
  • Porco Rosso (anime movie)
  • Deadpool (live action movie)
  • The Haunting of Hill House (book) by Shirley Jackson
  • Kenka Bancho Otome: Love's Battle Royale (manga, vol. 1)
  • Let's Talk About Love (book) by Claire Kann
  • Nine Princes in Amber (audiobook) by Roger Zelazny, narrated by Alessandro Juliani
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (audiobook) by Agatha Christie, narrated by Hugh Fraser
  • Bingo Love (graphic novel)
  • Making Arrangements (e-short story) by Rosefox - This is an original work on Archive of Our Own. It isn't currently listed in Goodreads, although I suppose I could still review it and just skip cross-posting there.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (live action movie)
  • Yuri on Ice (anime TV series) - Yes, I've technically already reviewed this, but I bought the discs and could write a review of my impressions of the show the second/third time around, the English dub, and the extras.
Crap, that's 11 reviews I should have written. Some of these have been sitting in my backlog long enough that I'd probably need to give myself a refresher first.

At the moment, the only show I'm seriously watching is Land of the Lustrous on Amazon Prime (I've almost caught up to my stopping point in the manga), although I have several others that I've started and stalled on. What I should do is sit down and plow through some of my anime discs. The amount of anime that I own and have never watched is ridiculous.

Reading-wise, I've finally caught up with my interlibrary loan books. I'm in the process of reading Jenn McKinlay's Book, Line, and Sinker (paper) and Wes Kennedy's To Terminator, With Love (e-book on my phone). In theory, I'm also still reading L. Rowyn's A Rational Arrangment on my e-reader, but I've stalled on that one so badly that my e-read is collecting dust. I'm tempted to move on to something else.

I'm considering giving my local public library's book club a shot. For once, I managed to find out what their current book is well before their next meeting. Unfortunately, it's one that I've heard terrible things about, Judith Newman's To Siri With Love. Do I want to read a book in which the author writes about wanting to forcibly sterilize her autistic son when he turns 18? Not really. But I miss being involved with a book club, so I might make myself read it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment