Friday, October 8, 2010

Kitten and electrical cords

I'm probably jinxing myself by writing this, but I seem to have found a solution to the whole "kitten playing with electrical cords" issue, and I thought I'd share. Since she mainly concentrates on the power strip that has all my computer stuff plugged into it, I put several rows of double-sided tape on a vinyl place mat and set that under the power strip. The tape isn't sticky enough to do more than annoy her, but that's good enough - this is the first day since I got her that she hasn't threatened to turn my power strip off or loosen cables. None of this was really my own idea, by the way - I got the idea from a show about cats that had a little segment in which a cat trainer showed a couple how to train their cat not to jump on kitchen counters using the same method.

Now let's see how successful I am at teaching her not to scratch my furniture...

No comments:

Post a Comment