Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Starting over, but at least there's yummy goodness

Apparently someone at the place I got my glasses from actually reads complaint letters - I got a phone call the other day from someone who wanted to know if I was still having problems. I said I was and that I had been about to come by to see if I could get a refund. I now have my refund. Plus, and this was unexpected, they've contacted my insurance company and I should be able to buy new frames with insurance in about a week. I'm back to using my old glasses - the frames feel wonderful after a month of pain, but I'm no longer used to the prescription. I'm going to have to decide where I'm going to go for my next pair of glasses and whether I should start completely over and get a new eye exam with a different doctor as well (this would be without insurance). It might be worth it, if the headaches I'd been having were due to the prescription being off.

In addition to getting glasses-related stuff done today, I also got my bread machine. It doesn't have all the features I thought it had, but it's still quite nice. I made my first loaf today, using the manual's Egg Bread recipe. Very easy and absolutely awesome when sliced, topped with cheese, and baked in the oven for a bit. I'm probably still going to be a muffin girl (the bread machine doesn't let me work off nervous energy in the same way a bowl of muffin batter can), but it'll be nice to bake bread once a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment