Saturday, April 4, 2009

The cable guy, the FedEx guy, etc.

There's this Janet Evanovich book - after a bit of Googling, I think it might be Lean Mean Thirteen - in which a character refuses to be taken in by Stephanie Plum (who is a bounty hunter) because he's afraid he'll miss the cable guy. You know, the guy from the company that tells you someone will be by your house anytime between 8 AM and 5 PM on some day between now and never.

Right now, a FedEx delivery person is my cable guy. I missed today's visit because of work. The next visit will be on Tuesday - I've arranged things so that I can be home all day, if necessary, but hopefully I'll be able to leave at some point because I need to see if I can get a refund for my glasses. However, I suppose being stuck in my apartment for a day is better than being stuck there for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment