Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baking soda and baking powder

After batches and batches of muffins, this is the first time I made this mistake - I added baking powder instead of baking soda. Unfortunately, this was also the first recipe I've ever done that required some of the ingredients to sit for a few hours. After waiting 6 hours to make these muffins, I couldn't face throwing the mix out, so, after I realized my mistake, I went and added the baking soda, too. I know baking powder and baking soda aren't interchangeable, but, hey, the mix still ended up having baking soda in it. It just happened to have baking powder as well...

I have no idea what the muffins were supposed to look like, but the ones I ended up with are flat and slightly collapsed in the center. They're still edible (I think - they seem both under- and over-baked), but I plan on making them correctly sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...