Tuesday, March 19, 2024

REVIEW: Batman: Wayne Family Adventures, Vol. 1 (graphic novel) written by CRC Payne, inks by Starbite

Batman: Wayne Family Adventures is a slice-of-life story about Bruce Wayne and his found family (Alfred, the various former Robins, etc.). I bought my copy of this volume new.

Review:

It's the daily life of Bruce Wayne and his various "children" (Duke Thomas, Damian Wayne, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, and others I'm forgetting).

My slice-of-life loving heart absolutely adored this. It was fluffy, sweet, and funny. I'm sure there are those who hate that an entire series is devoted to showing the softer side of Gotham's various vigilantes, but I personally loved it and wanted more.

Bruce was the "workaholic but wants to be better" dad. I haven't kept up with DC comics well enough to know most of the other characters, but we got a decent amount of context and information for everyone that I didn't feel lost. 

So good. I wasn't expecting to love this as much as I did.

Extras:

Character designs by Maria Li, some "process" art, and a multi-page guide telling readers what to try next depending on their favorite Wayne family member and the kind of story they're in the mood for. There's also a brief excerpt from Vixen: NYC Volume 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment