Sunday, February 25, 2018

Best of 2017

I normally try to post these lists within in the first month of the new year, but this time around life got in the way and I was too stressed out over my cat's health to put the lists together in a timely manner. Better late than never, right?

Here's how this is going to work: I'm starting off with a "Best of 2017" post, followed by a "Worst of 2017" post. There is no minimum number of titles I plan to list - it's quite possible for there to be no "best" or "worst" titles in a particular category in a particular year. For my "best" lists, I generally include things that I've given 4 stars or higher, although it's possible that I might list something with a lower star rating if my feelings about it have improved since I read/watched it. Titles are listed in no particular order, and my "best" lists will probably be shorter than my "worst" because I'm stingier with the higher star ratings than I am with the lower. I'm opting to list rereads/rewatches separately from new-to-me things, where possible.

Best Books (E-books, Paper):
Rereads I'd Recommend:
Best Audiobooks:
Relistens I'd Recommend:
Best Shorter Works (Novellas and Short Stories):
Best Graphic Novels (Manga, etc.):
I'm aware that I'm being lazy here - instead of listing and linking to the particular volumes that got the series put on the list, I'm listing the series as a whole if I considered any of the series' volumes to be particularly good.
Rereads I'd Recommend:
Best Movies:
Sorry, I was terrible about reviewing movies in 2017, especially if I saw them at the movie theater.
  • Hidden Figures (live action biographical drama)
  • Wonder Woman (live action superhero)
Best TV Series:
Rewatches I'd Recommend:

No comments:

Post a Comment