Sunday, November 29, 2015

I read a lot while on vacation

I didn't mention it on this blog, but one of the reasons why I didn't post for so long was because I was on vacation. If I counted correctly, while I was gone I read 50 volumes of manga. Not bad.

As usual, I plan on writing up posts that cover each of the series I read, with short synopses and reviews of each volume. It'll take a while, but it's pretty much the only way I'm able to get back into a series a year or so later and not be completely lost.

The 50 volumes I read were part of 18 different series. Here's what you can hopefully expect posts for in the coming weeks:
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Ace of Hearts (one-shot)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz (vols. 1-6) 
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: The Lizard Aide (one-shot)
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: March Hare (one-shot) 
  • Alice in the Country of Clover: Nightmare (one-shot)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts: The Clockmaker's Story (one-shot)
  • Alice in the Country of Joker: Circus and Liar's Game (vols. 1-7) 
  • Alice in the Country of Joker: The Nightmare Trilogy (vols. 1-3)
  • Are You Alice? (vols. 1-2)
  • Attack on Titan: No Regrets (vol. 2)
  • Black Butler (vols. 15-20)
  • Chi's Sweet Home (vol. 11) 
  • Naruto (vol. 55)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends (vols. 1-8)
  • Secret (vol. 1)
  • A Silent Voice (vols. 1-2) 
  • Skip Beat! (vols. 33-34)
  • Wandering Son (vols. 1-5)
The best surprise was probably A Silent Voice, while the biggest disappointment was probably Are You Alice? As far as the Alice in the Country of stuff went, I made a huge mistake when I chose to tackle the one-shots first. I highly recommend starting with the multi-volume stories, because those cover new world rules in the best amount of detail. Also, try to start with all the Hearts stuff, then Clover, then Joker. I'm still trying to decide whether I'll review that series by title or by country, or if I should just put all of it on one giant post.

No comments:

Post a Comment