Friday, April 23, 2010

Actual plans tomorrow

Just like last year, I'm going to be acting as a grader for a spelling contest. I think that'll take up a good chunk of my day tomorrow, but, through the magic of scheduled posts, there will still be a post tomorrow. Look forward to an example of the weirdness that can be found in educational graphic novels.

Now, I'm off to bed so that I can wake up super early and hopefully get my grocery shopping done before all the grading stuff happens. I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy stuff for a new kind of pie, a pie I've already made before, or a new kind of bread. It's a toss-up between lemon meringue pie (I will not let meringue defeat me!) and pepperoni bread. I made brown sugar pie last week - incredibly good (it tasted a bit like cookie dough), but horribly bad for you. The thing was basically brown sugar and butter in a crust, with a couple other ingredients added to the mix - actually, in terms of ingredients it's kind of similar to the chess pies I was gagging about a while back. Plus, I have a chocolate chess pie recipe that's fairly good-tasting. With all of these, I just have to not think about what I'm putting into my system, and I'm good to go. Seriously, we're talking about 1 cup of something that's bad for you (sugar, butter) in every pie. It's a good thing I walk to and from work and brush my teeth twice a day. I should probably find myself a different pie recipe book to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment