Friday, June 19, 2020

REVIEW: Plant Daddy (game)

Plant Daddy
is a browser game about growing plants in your sunny little apartment. If you just want something low-stress and soothing, this may be the game for you.

You start off with a little windowsill space and enough in-game currency (leaves or flowers) to buy one basic plant. As it grows, you earn more in-game currency and can buy more plants, more furniture to set plants on, decorations, and plant nurseries that allow you to analyze plants and grow specific plants you or others have discovered. You also eventually unlock the bathroom, which will give you more plant-growing space and additional options.

At a certain point in the game, you unlock a To Do list. Completing items on the list gives you more in-game currency and adds a tiny bit of direction to the game, but you don't have to do the stuff on the list if you don't want to.

I'm surprised at how much I've enjoyed this game so far, but maybe I shouldn't be, considering how hooked I got on a free clicker game about taking care of a vast army of chickens. Anyway, I've been enjoying growing a bunch of different plants and seeing what sorts of traits, if any, they turn out to have. You get the option to name the plants (I used to name them all but now I only name my favorites) and change their pot styles and colors. The windows in both rooms have nice features too: you can open them to increase the ambient noise, and if you turn the shower on in the bathroom you can draw pictures in the steam on the windows.

Apparently it's possible to find plants with four or even five rare traits. Maybe one day I'll find those. At any rate, I've ended up playing this more than I expected, and even if I'm not actively playing it, I've found that I like having it open in a tab just for its background noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment