Thursday, May 8, 2014

LibraryThing - "Vous et nul autre" update

One of the book sites I use is LibraryThing, which, once you get past the learning curve, has some nice features. I just found out that the "Vous et nul autre" feature (found under: Home > Stats/Memes > Memes) got an update a couple days ago. It used to just show you which books you shared with one other member. Now it shows you which you share with 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 other members.

Maybe useless to some, but I like it as a "What should I read and review next?" tool, since sometimes it's nice to review something that dozens or hundreds of people haven't already added to their collections and reviewed.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this feature too - although it doesn't really make a difference on what I review or not, sometimes it is cool to see that I'm the only person with a particular book in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely another appeal of this feature. I'm surprised I don't have more books in my collection that no one else has, considering the amount of self-published stuff I have. But most of those were freebie downloads, so I guess a lot of other people succumbed to the lure of the freebie as well. :)

      Delete