Sunday, March 2, 2014

Smashwords "Read an Ebook Week" sale, March 2-8

I originally posted this in my BookLikes blog and figured I should post it here, too. This sale is a great way to try stuff out:


I found out about this via Kagama - The Literaturevixen's post. Lots and lots of stuff is available for free or 25-75% off. Last year, I downloaded TONS of free stuff. This year, I was more restrained and only picked up, um, 12 free books. Even though my e-TBR has over 500 books, novellas, and short stories in it. ::hangs head in shame::

I did some checking, trying to find works I've read that are on sale and that I'd recommend. Unfortunately, most of my favorite authors appear to not be participating in the sale. However, if you're interested in m/m fantasy, one book I can recommend is Ann Somerville's Kei's Gift. It's currently 50% off with the REW50 code. I finished it a few days ago and should have a full review up soon. In my personal grading system, it gets a B+. Pros: the main characters are wonderful, and their relationship develops slowly and believably. Cons: some aspects were a little too black-and-white for my tastes, and I'm still not entirely sure the story needed to be that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment