Monday, October 12, 2009

OD'ing on my used bookstore haul

I went to three used bookstores this past weekend. It was great. I spent way too much money (especially when you consider that my mom is visiting soon and I'm going to a conference), but the shiny hasn't yet worn off enough for me to care. Overall, I paid about a quarter of what it all would have cost brand new. I got a few managa volumes for as much as 50% off. I got other manga volumes for as much as 85% off. I got a few things I had only vaguely wanted, and I got a few other things I'd been wanting to read for a few years. I have almost completed my collection of Fruits Basket volumes (I'm only missing volume 2, right now - not bad). I got stuff I probably never would have bought otherwise, because it was so monumentally cheap. I got some stuff for giggles and some stuff because I knew I'd never get around to reading it if I didn't break down and buy a copy.

All in all, I ended up with 14 books and 16 volumes of manga. My first night with all of them, I almost passed out from sleep deprivation. I was so into reading my way through them that I lost track of time and stayed up so late it almost wasn't worth it to go to bed. Luckily, it wasn't a work night.

Hmm, happy. Now if only I can make myself write about them all...

No comments:

Post a Comment