Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'm alive!

For those who are still actually looking at this blog from time to time (boy has my readership tanked), just letting you know I'm still alive. I saw a mind-scarring movie today (Gamer) and almost have the post for it finished. Also, if you've taken a peek at my Shelfari widget, you might have noticed that I am reading a Western. Yes, that's right, paranormal romance and manga-loving me is reading a Western. Coming up with read-alikes for that one should be a brain buster.

The school year started maybe a month ago. I figured that, being a cataloger, this wouldn't affect me nearly as much as if I were a reference or instruction librarian. Turns out I've been wrong about that. Since I've got a conference and actual vacation time coming up next month, I've got to try to get a little ahead, but things haven't been going so well. I blame our ILS (integrated library system, for those of you unfamiliar with library acronyms). It sucks up all my time and causes me to sweat bullets as I try to advise our Systems Librarian in ways that will make our catalog better without breaking it first. ::shudder::

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're alive. My readership has fallen off a bit, too. Sometimes you just don't have the time to blog, but that's fine. Sounds like you're busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the first time ever that I'm glad a library (in this case, my library) will be having less money for actual books - there is light at the end of my backlog!

    In this case, I guess it's more accurate to say that I'm usually too tired to blog (although I love looking at other people's blogs and have increased by TBR list by doing so - hey, I'm one of your readers!). It's one of the drawbacks of working at a computer all day. After I've spent 9+ hours typing at a computer, I don't necessarily want to go home and do that some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I don't blame you! I think if I had to sit at a computer all day in a paid capacity, I wouldn't blog at all. Anyway, I'm glad you're back and that the library's lowered budget is actually a good thing for you. :)

    ReplyDelete