Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's just not happening

I have 18 minutes left before midnight - there's no way today's post is getting done in time. I'd have been able to do it, but the motivational speaker that finished up today's "staff development day" (it's my second one this week) made me feel crappy, and I ended up sleeping all my free time away. How's that for motivation?

The activities she had us do made me feel like I needed to apologize to people, but I can't even remember my group members' names. There's all this attention given to the ethical treatment of human subjects in research, but what about the ethical treatment of human subjects in motivational speaking?

Ah well, I'm sure I'll be over this by morning. At least I know that several of my coworkers also felt that the "activity" portion was painful and hideous. The next time I'm given the option of attending something like this, I think I'll pay attention to my instincts and just skip out and go back to work.

1 comment:

  1. "ethical treatment of human subjects in motivational speaking": LOL!

    Yes! Down with death by powerpoint!

    ReplyDelete