Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's been a while, but I'm still here

After months (maybe nearly a year?) of keeping up with my every-other-day review/rambling/read-alike posting frequency, I just sort of stopped for about a week. Well, I'm still here, I just felt a sudden need for a break. I had to deal with some worrisome phone calls, which filled my brain up for two or three horrible days. Then my mom called to say that our family's last remaining cat had to be put to sleep. He was 17, and I hadn't really expected to see him again when I moved away, but, as any pet lover knows, it's never easy. I guess part of me kind of thought he was too grouchy to ever die.

I didn't feel like working up the energy to blog, so I just decided not to for a few days. However, I'm feeling much better now and will hopefully have something new up tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no, so sorry to hear about your cat. You're right, it's always hard, no matter the circumstances. Hope everyone is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think my mom had things the worst - she was the one who had to decide it was time to put him to sleep, and she was alone when she went to get it done. It sounds like she's doing fine now, though, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete