Sunday, March 22, 2009

My forecast calls for pigs

The next week or so is going to be interesting. As usual, I'm barely keeping up with this blog (my drafts are almost down to single digits - eek!). In addition, the university's "Student Worker Appreciation Day" is coming up. All staff members at the library are being asked to contribute something to the little baggies we will be giving the student workers. I was thinking about buying a bag of chocolate or something for my contribution, but then I thought, "hey, I'll make tiny origami pigs for everyone instead!" They're adorable, and they fit in with the university's large agricultural focus. However, there are 29 student workers. So far, I've made 5 pigs in two days. I've been doing the math, and I think I have to finish at least 5 pigs a day in order to get them all done in time. It doesn't look good, but I'll try my best - if it turns out to be impossible, I guess I can go out and buy that chocolate.

By the way, I originally found out how to make these pigs from a book I checked out from my local library a few years ago. I used to know how to make them by heart, but I forgot. I also couldn't remember which book I used, so I googled "three-legged origami pig" and found the diagrams here. I wouldn't recommend this design to a beginner, but, overall, it's not terribly difficult. I'm making my little piggies out of notecards with colored stripes, so the folds aren't always as pretty as they could be, but they turn out well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment