Sunday, February 1, 2009

More anime viewing on Joost and Hulu

I've sampled a few more shows through Joost and Hulu. I watched a couple episodes each of Moon Phase and Xxxholic on Hulu. If can get over the slight feeling of discomfort that Moon Phase gives me, it might have potential. I'm not sure if this is due to a bad translation, but the show has a definite streak of ick (tooth rotting cuteness, incestuous-sounding flirtatiousness, and a main female character who looks and sounds a few years too young to be throwing herself at the main male character). As for Xxxholic, I love the manga, but the anime just hasn't grabbed me yet. It's possible that I'd like it better if I were watching the subbed version instead of the English dub - I'm really not liking the English VA choice for Watanuki so far.

Right now, I'm only watching Best Student Council on Joost. If possible, I think the video quality might actually be worse for this show than it is for Angelic Layer. I've only seen one episode of the show so far. I would say it's boring, but... I can't help but be fascinated by the puppet stuck to the main character's hand. The thing talks like it has a mind of its own, and for some reason that girl has no idea why others find her strange. My favorite lines from the first episode:

"What is that thing on you hand?"
"He's my special friend, Pucchan!"

Really, what is with that puppet?? This may turn out to be a waste of my time, but, darn it, I want to know! Don't hold your breath for future full-length posts for Moon Phase and Xxxholic, but Best Student Council is a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment