Monday, August 11, 2008

Potential publishing frequency interruption coming up

Well, the "every other day" posting schedule seems to be working out okay, although I may be slipping a bit this week, due to a phone interview I've got scheduled. I do have a couple posts already written and finished, which gives me a tiny bit of breathing room, but it also seems like I'm always behind on writing posts anyway. I'll try to make sure that posts still get published on a regular frequency, but, in case they don't, now you know why.

I've got tons of half-finished posts (at the moment, about 40) saved as drafts right now. They're all almost ready to go, except that I've just got to add all the read-alike information - in some cases, I've even got to come up with the list of read-alikes, because nothing came to me while I was reading the book. This part always takes a while, although it's been taking a little less time ever since I've started copying and pasting some of the summary information from previous read-alike suggestions. Still, I feel like there are more things I should be able to do to cut down on the time it takes to write these posts. I guess I'll just have to figure out more strategies as I go along.

Both the posts for books and the posts for manga tend to take a while to write, for different reasons. With the books, most of the time is taken up by writing the short summary information and explanations for each read-alike. With the manga, since I use a lot of the same titles in my read-alike suggestions, I can do a lot more copying and pasting, but it still takes time to actually come up with a few titles to suggest if nothing comes to me right away. Part of the problem is that I haven't been able to find hardly any read-alike/watch-alike resources for anime and manga. There are tons of review sites out there, but finding "similar titles" suggestions is a lot harder. The best site I've been able to find so far is Anime Planet, and they've been down for a while - very inconvenient for me. If I didn't already have personal experience with such a large variety of anime and manga titles, I doubt I'd be able to do all these read-alike and watch-alike manga and anime suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment